-We spent a lot of time talking about what we wanted our class to be like.
-We familiarized ourselves with some routines for the classroom, hallway, bathroom, and cafeteria.
-We had a PAPER SNOWBALL fight and made pyramids using plastic cups without using our hands.
-We had lunch (very important)
-We had recess (also very important)
- The students had the opportunity to answer the following questions on chart paper:
1. What can I do to be successful?
2. What kind of teacher do you want?
3. What can Mrs. Moon do to help you be successful?
4. What do you expect to learn this year?
5. School is important because...
Here are the charts they made. We will have discussion about this tomorrow.
Everyone was looking pretty sleepy by the end of the day. I will be sending home additional information later in the week about the class schedule, rules, homework, and snack. All - in - all, we had a fantastic day! I can't wait to see them again tomorrow!!